ABOUT FAST LANE FRIDAY
Law enforcement and advocacy groups long have sought safe alternatives to illegal street racing that plagues South Florida roadways. To combat this dangerous activity, Homestead-Miami Speedway created Fast Lane Friday.
A legal drag racing event open to all car enthusiasts 18 and older with a valid driver's license and proof of registration and insurance, Fast Lane Friday allows drivers the opportunity to race their cars against other street-legal cars on the drag strip.
Homestead-Miami Speedway opens Pit Road to the public on select Fridays from 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM for the 1/8th Mile “Test & Tune” experience. Competition fee is $20 if purchased in advance, or $25 at the gate, for multiple runs. Spectator fee is $10 in advance, or $15 at the gate, and kids 12 and under are free.
Concession options will be available for cashless purchase during the events.
To compete in Fast Lane Friday:
- $20 if purchased in advance online
- $25 if purchased on day of
To come and watch Fast Lane Friday:
- $10 if purchased in advance online
- $15 if purchased on day of
- September 24 - BUY TICKETS FOR SEPTEMBER 24
- October 8 - BUY TICKETS FOR OCTOBER 8
- October 22 - BUY TICKETS FOR OCTOBER 22
- November 5 - BUY TICKETS FOR NOVEMBER 5
- November 19 - BUY TICKETS FOR NOVEMBER 19
- December 17 - BUY TICKETS FOR DECEMBER 17
*Dates and times are subject to change.
All cars must be street legal with DOT tires, mufflers, and a valid license plate.
Slicks and open headers are not approved to participate in Fast Lane Friday events.
- All vehicles must be street-legal
- Air conditioner OFF when on track
- Windows up when on track
- Seat belts worn at all times
- No backing up past start line (triggers track lights)
- 15 MPH on return road
- Slow and cautious driving in garage area (maximum 5 MPH)
- No passengers in vehicle
- Rid trunk of loose items
- NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- Must be 18 years of age with valid driver’s license and vehicle registration
- Long pants, sleeved shirts & closed-toe shoes must be worn
- NO shorts, tank tops, open-toe shoes
- Seat belts: All vehicles must have a minimum of OEM type lap belt system, securely mounted to frame or floor of vehicle.
- Helmet: Required for convertibles, sunroofs, t-tops or open body cars; helmet must be Snell 2000 or newer (label inside of helmet is proof of certification).
- Tires: Must have DOT tires, technical inspector must qualify tires (no tire defects, worn out tread, damaged tires, plugs, etc.).
- Wheels: Hubcaps will be removed for inspectors who will check for loose or missing lug nuts and general condition of rims.
- Batteries: Must be secured per OEM or minimum of two 3/8" diameter bolts (no bungee cords, straps, string, etc.); if located in trunk must have cut off switch installed unless factory installed.
- Exhaust: All cars must have mufflers and not be over max decibel reading determined & approved by technical inspector.
- Nitrous: Bottles must be stamped to meet DOT (1,800 lb. standard); must be securely mounted (no bungee cords, straps).