Race Day Security Information
As we continue to try to provide the safest possible environment for our fans, the competitors and everyone that attends events at Homestead-Miami Speedway, fans should be prepared for the possibility of increased wait times entering the gates for additional personal screening processes similar to those at American Airlines Arena, Marlins Park and Hard Rock Stadium as well as continued bag and cooler checks. Please remember that Homestead-Miami Speedway has a strict no weapons policy.
Please plan to arrive early on race day.
Grandstand Gates / Pedestrian Tunnel:
- Wait times may see an increase due to increased screenings.
- Bags and coolers will continue to be checked.
All Fans are allowed to bring in their own food and beverages to every racing event.
All Fans are allowed to leave and re-enter by showing their valid ticket or credential.
Smoking areas are located inside the venue. Smoking is not allowed in the seating areas.
In order to provide everyone with a safe environment, the following policies will be in effect:
|✓||All items brought through any Venue Admission Gate will be subject to inspection.|
|✓||UNOH Fanzone abides by these same policies.|
|✓||Outside food, beverages, and soft-sided coolers are prohibited in any of the hospitality areas.|
|✓||Homestead-Miami Speedway is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.|
The following items are ALLOWED into the frontstretch seating areas:
One soft side bag or cooler, no larger than 14 x 14 x 14 inches
- Purses, camera cases, and diaper bags qualify as soft-sided bags.
- Coolers this size are typically branded to hold 24-36 cans of Coca-Cola or other beverages.
- Coolers may have a single wall removable plastic liner.
- Coolers may be packed with ice cubes or ice packs. Dry ice is not allowed.
- Coolers with wheels and telescopic handles within the 14x14x14 dimensions are allowed.
One lightweight backpack, cinch or duffle bag that is no larger than 17 inches in length.
- The item can be solid or clear.
- Backpacks with wheels and telescoping handles within the 17 inch dimensions are allowed.
Other ALLOWED items:
- Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets (these items may be worn over the neck, on the belt, in a bag or carried separately).
- iPads, tablets and laptop computers
- Factory-made Selfie Sticks
- Personal cups and thermoses (i.e. YETI, RTIC, Ozark, S'well).
- Seat cushions without metal components and carried separately are allowed (seat cushions with zippers or pockets will be reviewed on an individual basis).
- Blankets and additional clothing
- Bug spray, sunscreen, and sunblock in aerosol, gel, or liquid forms
- Service animals
- Cigarettes and lighters
- Strollers are allowed to enter the Admission Gates, but are NOT allowed into the seating areas (Stroller storage areas are located at Guest Services Booths inside the venue).
Flags are allowed, as long as they follow the guidelines:
- Flags may not obstruct another fan's view of the racing activities
- No flag poles; only Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick are allowed.
- Displays of the confederate flag will not be allowed
The following items are NOT ALLOWED and MAY NOT be left around any Admission Gates:
- Weapons (Firearms, knives, etc.) and all other items restricted by Local, State or Federal laws.
- Fireworks, laser pointers, noise makers, and air horns.
- Umbrellas, flag poles, brooms or any items of a similar description
- Displays of the confederate flag will not be allowed
- Homemade Selfie Sticks
- Hard-sided coolers (Styrofoam, plastic, metal, etc.)
- Any soft-sided bags or coolers larger than the allowed 14x14x14 inch dimensions
- Any backpacks, cinch bags, or duffle bags larger than the allowed 17 inches in length
- Glass or ceramic of any kind
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Seat cushions with metal components
- Collapsible chairs
- Drones - UAVs, RPAs, or UASs
- Frisbees, balloons, beach balls, or any other projectile
- Hoverboards, skateboards, roller skates or bicycles (lockable bike rack is located outside each admission gate).
- Clothing with obscenities or offensive language
- Dry Ice
- All other items may be refused after being deemed inappropriate or unsafe at the discretion of Homestead-Miami Speedway management.
Any of the above items are subject to change without notice.
To expedite entrance into the facility, guests are encouraged to follow these procedures:
|✓||Arrive at the Gates as early as possible.|
|✓||Have your bags open prior to inspection.|
|✓||Bring your items in a clear bag to speed up the checking process.|
Unauthorized Item Check-In
On major event days, information booths at designated Gates will check in and hold certain items until post-race. Weapons, Fireworks, and hard-sided bags/coolers will not be accepted for check-in.
Drone (Unmanned Aircraft System) Policy
Homestead-Miami Speedway prohibits the use of any unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), also known as drones, for any purpose whatsoever on track property; track personnel will remove systems on track property and/or confiscate the drones until the event is over; Homestead-Miami Speedway is not liable for damage to confiscated drones, including damage arising from capturing/confiscating the drones while in use.
As a direct result of fan feedback, all ticketed track seating areas at Homestead-Miami Speedway are smoke-free. Smoking will be permitted in open-air areas: behind grandstands on ground level, outside hospitality areas on ground level, display areas, parking lots and RV lots.
Our policy also prohibits the use of electronic & vapor cigarettes in the smoke-free areas.