For the past two weeks, eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series events have provided racing fans an important outlet during this unique and challenging time in our society. The first race of this series was held on March 22 at the virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway, as the Dixie Vodka 150 was won by Denny Hamlin.
Through efforts of The NASCAR Foundation, many of the sport’s corporate partners and several of its top drivers, the impact of that race will be felt by those in need in the Miami area. As a result of the virtual race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, nearly $40,000 has been raised to provide much-needed food and supplies through a partnership with Feed the Children. They will be given out through Farm Share, an agency which distributes fresh food to families, children, seniors and individuals in need throughout Florida.
Among NASCAR’s partners who contributed to this donation include Dixie Vodka, Coca-Cola Racing, FOX Sports and iRacing. The charitable foundations of 2020 DAYTONA 500 champion Denny Hamlin and 2014 NASCAR Cup Series champion Kevin Harvick made donations as well.
The supplies and food provided as a result of this donation will be distributed this Saturday, April 4 in conjunction with Homestead Rotary Club distribution event at the site of the old baseball stadium in Homestead.
- Homestead-Miami Speedway To Host “Give Back At The Track” On August 22
- Graudation Ceremonies Held at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- MIAMI’S COLUMBUS HIGH SCHOOL CONDUCTS GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY SATURDAY
- Celebrating 25 Years with a Great Weekend of Racing
- THREE MIAMI-AREA HIGH SCHOOLS TO HOLD GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY