On January 7, students from the University of Miami visited Homestead-Miami Speedway as a part of their class studies. The group of students, which included members of the Hurricanes football team, heard from a number of Homestead-Miami Speedway employees and gained valuable insight into the track’s different departments and their role in operating the Speedway both on a daily basis and during NASCAR weekends. The group also spent the day learning about the challenges of working in sports, as well as what they can do as students to start their careers while still in school.
The trip lasted a few hours and also included a tour of testing going on at the Speedway, where the class got to see a few open wheel cars turn laps and learn about the different changes the teams make throughout the day. The students wrapped up their day like any race winner would, with a celebration of their accomplishments in Gatorade Victory Lane.
- Graudation Ceremonies Held at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- MIAMI’S COLUMBUS HIGH SCHOOL CONDUCTS GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY SATURDAY
- Celebrating 25 Years with a Great Weekend of Racing
- THREE MIAMI-AREA HIGH SCHOOLS TO HOLD GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY
- DENNY HAMLIN BRINGS HOME THE WIN IN DIXIE VODKA 400 AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY