On Thursday, March 28, NASCAR held a pit crew combine for student-athletes at the University of Miami. The student-athletes underwent a series of strength and conditioning tests in hope of becoming a member of a NASCAR pit crew. The combine was overseen by Phil Horton, who currently serves as the pit crew coach for NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity program
The pit crew combine came to Miami as part of NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity program, an initiative that aims to engage people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds in all facets of the sport, including pit crew, drivers and front office employees. The Drive for Diversity program already features two South Florida drivers, Southwest Ranches resident Ernie Francis Jr. and Homestead native Nick Sanchez.
- Graudation Ceremonies Held at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- MIAMI’S COLUMBUS HIGH SCHOOL CONDUCTS GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY SATURDAY
- Celebrating 25 Years with a Great Weekend of Racing
- THREE MIAMI-AREA HIGH SCHOOLS TO HOLD GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY
- DENNY HAMLIN BRINGS HOME THE WIN IN DIXIE VODKA 400 AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY