New for the 2015 Ford Championship Weekend, Homestead-Miami Speedway is introducing a specialty food item: the “Banana Caramel Champanada.”
A dessert twist on an empanada, the Champanada is a banana-lover’s dream. The Champanada consists of caramelized plantains in fresh-made banana pudding, wrapped in a crisp, flaky crust, drizzled with Carmel sauce and dusted with powdered sugar and crushed Nilla wafers.
“We are so excited to introduce our new specialty item, the ‘Banana Caramel Champanada,’ this Ford Championship Weekend,” Homestead-Miami Speedway President Matthew Becherer said. “The Champanada is a dessert version of a classic South Florida dish, and we think fans both locally and nationally attending Ford Championship Weekend will love it. It is the perfect dessert to complement a great day of racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway after fans witness three champions crowned in each of NASCAR’s premier series.”
A full Champanada weighs more than one pound, and contains 650 calories per portion, and is the perfect dish to share with friends or eat on your own. The Champanada will be available for purchase in the Midway Display area for $9 each.
Homestead-Miami Speedway will host the season-ending races in the NASCAR’s three premier series – the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, XFINITY Series and Camping World Truck Series – this weekend during Ford Championship Weekend (November 20-22). Tickets for the Ford EcoBoost 200 and Ford EcoBoost 300 still remain, and can be purchased by calling (305) 230-5255 or by visiting www.HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com. The Ford EcoBoost 400 is officially sold out.
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race set to Create Tripleheader 2021 February Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway; NASCAR Announces Full Schedule
- Homestead-Miami Speedway set to Host Second NASCAR Xfinity Series Race of 2021 Season
- Dixie Vodka 400 NASCAR Cup Series Race Moves to Second Race of 2021 Season
- Homestead-Miami Speedway To Host “Give Back At The Track” On August 22
- Graudation Ceremonies Held at Homestead-Miami Speedway