MIAMI – Since 2002, Homestead-Miami Speedway has been the place where championship dreams have been made. Once again, Homestead-Miami Speedway will be home to the championship races for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, XFINITY and Camping World Truck Series during Ford Championship Weekend, November 20-22. Tickets to Ford Championship Weekend will officially go on sale to the public on Friday, May 1.
After months of battling through 35 races and three rounds of the Chase, thousands of miles driven, and hundreds of tires shredded - it will all come down to the final race at the South Florida track on November 22.
In 2014, NASCAR unveiled a new Chase format: an elimination-style playoff for the top 16 drivers consisting of four rounds in 10 races, with three drivers eliminated after each round. Only four drivers remained when the Championship Round made its way to Homestead-Miami Speedway last November, and Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano and Ryan Newman were left to compete among a full 43-car field for the championship. After battling for 400 miles, Kevin Harvick led 54 of 267 laps, emerging victorious with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship and Ford EcoBoost 400 title.
“The format we saw last year provided our fans with outstanding racing that took our event to new levels of excitement,” Homestead-Miami Speedway President Matthew Becherer said. “That type of drama and enthusiasm is unprecedented at Homestead-Miami Speedway, and provided for great racing and a Championship atmosphere that you can only find in Miami. With a sold out venue last year for the Ford EcoBoost 400, we anticipate the demand for tickets will be at an all-time high at a weekend of fun for the entire family.”
The weekend will kick off with qualifying for the Ford EcoBoost 400 on Friday, November 20 at 6:15 p.m. Later that night, the Camping World Truck Series will compete in the final race of their season – the Ford EcoBoost 200 – beginning at 8 p.m.
The drama continues on Saturday, November 21, as the XFINITY Series will compete in the Ford EcoBoost 300 at 2:45 p.m.
It all comes down to the final race of the season on Sunday, November 22, at the Ford EcoBoost 400. Four Sprint Cup Series drivers will enter the South Florida track as contenders when the green flag is waved at 3 p.m. Only one will leave as a Champion when the checkered flag flies after 400 miles on the 1.5-mile oval at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
A three-day championship tradition unlike any other, Homestead-Miami Speedway provides the South Florida finish line for NASCAR’s series-crowning finale, Ford Championship Weekend. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com or by calling (866) 409-RACE (7223) or locally at (305) 230-5255.
Homestead-Miami Speedway makes it easy to enjoy NASCAR’s historic Ford Championship Weekend with several amenities including half-price Sunday tickets for kids 12 years and younger in reserved grandstands, flexible payment plans, and exclusive benefits for 3-day packages. Other amenities include:
- Kids Free on Friday and Saturday – Kids 12 years and younger are admitted for FREE in general admission sections to both Friday’s Camping World Truck Series championship and Saturday’s XFINITY Series Championship
- Half-Price Sunday – Kids 12 years and younger are admitted for half-price in reserved grandstands to Sunday’s Sprint Cup Series Championship
- Flexible Payment Plan – Allows fans to pay in four installments with just 25% due at time of purchase
- Exclusive Benefit for 3-day Package – Fans purchasing a 3-day package will have on-track access for the post-race celebration for all three Championship finales
- Ford EcoBoost 400 Start Time – With a 3 p.m. start time for the championship finale, fans have more time to enjoy the at-track experience, including tailgating, interactive displays, on-track Pit Passes and pre-race ceremonies
“Ford Championship Weekend is a jam-packed weekend of activities for the whole family,” Becherer said. “The racing is some of the best on the circuit, and with three championship races, the event is a ‘must-see’ for both the hardcore race fan and those who thrive on the big events that South Florida has to offer. With free parking, ‘kids are free’ pricing opportunities, flexible and convenient payment plan options, and our bring-your-own-food-and-beverage policy, we have a fan-friendly and value-driven approach to a successful weekend on par with the big-league sport Championship events. More than that, we are in the business of creating lasting memories with our fans.”
- Homestead-Miami Speedway To Host “Give Back At The Track” On August 22
- Graudation Ceremonies Held at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- MIAMI’S COLUMBUS HIGH SCHOOL CONDUCTS GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY SATURDAY
- Celebrating 25 Years with a Great Weekend of Racing
- THREE MIAMI-AREA HIGH SCHOOLS TO HOLD GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY