On Wednesday, April 24th, Homestead-Miami Speedway’s Marketing Director, Nora Abrego, participated in a panel at the University of Miami. The Women in Business Club organized the panel conversation to discuss female empowerment, inside and outside of the workplace. The panel was moderated by Miami Business School Vice Dean Patricia Sanchez-Abril, the daughter of Homestead-Miami Speedway founder, the late Ralph Sanchez. Abrego was joined on the panel by Sally Ng (Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs at NBCUniversal International Networks) and Cristina Raecke (Executive Director of Marketing and Enrollment at the Miami Business School).
The evening began with what opportunities and challenges women leaders regularly face today, and what advice the panelists would give to young women on “having it all”, success, work life balance and even “mansplaining”. The event concluded with an open floor discussion on how to properly react in a professional setting when the conversation starts to shift to an unprofessional one.
- Mexican American Council Hosts Farmworker Student Recognition Ceremony at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Tickets for 2019 Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway On Sale Now
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Marketing Director Nora Abrego (seated far left) Speaks at University of Miami Panel
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Gives Pace Car Ride to Top Girl Scout Cookie Seller in South Florida
- NASCAR Hosts Drive for Diversity Pit Crew Combine at University of Miami