On Wednesday, April 24th, Homestead-Miami Speedway’s Marketing Director, Nora Abrego, participated in a panel at the University of Miami. The Women in Business Club organized the panel conversation to discuss female empowerment, inside and outside of the workplace. The panel was moderated by Miami Business School Vice Dean Patricia Sanchez-Abril, the daughter of Homestead-Miami Speedway founder, the late Ralph Sanchez. Abrego was joined on the panel by Sally Ng (Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs at NBCUniversal International Networks) and Cristina Raecke (Executive Director of Marketing and Enrollment at the Miami Business School).
The evening began with what opportunities and challenges women leaders regularly face today, and what advice the panelists would give to young women on “having it all”, success, work life balance and even “mansplaining”. The event concluded with an open floor discussion on how to properly react in a professional setting when the conversation starts to shift to an unprofessional one.
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Hosting First Ever Craft n' Draft 5K and Beer Festival
- Homestead Native Nick Sanchez Wins First Career Race
- "Race to the 4th" Independence Day Bash Returns to Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Al Garcia Named President of Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Enters into Multi-Year Partnership with Mahindra Automotive North America