On Tuesday, March 19, Homestead-Miami Speedway and Ten80 Education, a micro-publisher of STEM curriculum, partnered to host a STEM competition. More than 125 students from Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties came out to the Speedway to showcase their engineering, enterprise and robotic skills in the Miami Regional Spring Invitational.
Throughout the day, the middle and high school students squared off against each other in racing and robotics competitions, enterprise presentations, engineering projects and graphic design. The competition gave students a chance to learn about STEM through real-world experience, while also having some fun racing their own custom built RC cars on the Speedway's RC track.
At the end of the day, it was Jose Marti MAST 6-12 Academy who finished in first place overall and The Benjamin School students were the winners of the enterprise division.
- University of Miami Class Visits Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Katherine Guerra of Richmond Heights Middle School Wins Fourth Annual "Write Track Poetry" Competition
- Thank You for Another Memorable Ford Championship Weekend
- Kyle Busch Wins Second Career Monster Energy Cup Series Championship
- Tyler Reddick Wins Second Consecutive NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship