On Thursday, March 28, NASCAR held a pit crew combine for student-athletes at the University of Miami. The student-athletes underwent a series of strength and conditioning tests in hope of becoming a member of a NASCAR pit crew. The combine was overseen by Phil Horton, who currently serves as the pit crew coach for NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity program
The pit crew combine came to Miami as part of NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity program, an initiative that aims to engage people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds in all facets of the sport, including pit crew, drivers and front office employees. The Drive for Diversity program already features two South Florida drivers, Southwest Ranches resident Ernie Francis Jr. and Homestead native Nick Sanchez.
- May a Busy Month for Homestead-Miami Speedway's STEM Field Trip Program
- Two University of Miami Graduates Participate in NASCAR Drive for Diversity National Pit Crew Combine
- Mexican American Council Hosts Farmworker Student Recognition Ceremony at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Tickets for 2019 Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway On Sale Now
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Marketing Director Nora Abrego (seated far left) Speaks at University of Miami Panel