MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
ISM Raceway – Avondale, Arizona
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Race Winner: Kevin Harvick
Team: No. 4 – Jimmy John’s Ford
Owner: Stewart-Haas Racing
Crew Chief: Rodney Childers
IN THE WORDS OF THE WINNER – “I've been mad as all get out because this team does a great job. This organization does a great job and we've got fast race cars. And to take that away from those guys just really pissed me off last week. To come here to a race track that is so good for us is a lot of fun and everyone was just determined this week and we just wanted to just go stomp them. We didn't stomp them, but we won. That's all that really matters. Just proud of this team.”
- Kevin Harvick won the 14th annual TicketGuardian 500 at ISM Raceway in Avondale, Ariz. Sunday afternoon. For Harvick, it was his 40th win in 614 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) starts and his third win in-a-row.
- Harvick became the fourth driver over the age of 40 to win three straight MENCS races, joining David Pearson (1976, 41 years old), Bobby Allison (1983, 45 years old) and Harry Gant (1991, 51 years old).
- He is the first driver to win three consecutive races since both Kyle Busch and Joey Logano did it in 2015.
- The win was the 40th of Harvick’s MENCS career, tying him with Hall of Famer Mark Martin for 18th on NASCAR’s all-time wins list.
- Harvick is also the first driver since Bill Elliott in 1992 to win three of the first four races of the year.
- It is Harvick’s ninth victory in 31 career MENCS starts at ISM Raceway, including his seventh in the last 12 starts.
- Kyle Busch finished second while Chase Elliott claimed third spot today.
- Kyle Busch won Stage 1 and Kurt Busch took Stage 2 of today’s race.
- With wins to their credit this year, Austin Dillon and Kevin Harvick have clinched spots in the 2018 MENCS playoffs, which culminates with the Ford EcoBoost 400 championship race on Sunday, November 18 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.In 17 career starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Kevin Harvick has finished in the top-10 15 times and the top-5 on nine occasions. This includes a win in the 2014 Ford EcoBoost 400 when he claimed the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Brad Keselowski won the 14th annual DC Solar 200 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) race Saturday at ISM Raceway in Avondale, Ariz. It is his 37th victory in 250career NXS races.
- Justin Allgaier was second while Kyle Busch claimed third.
- With a win to his credit this season, rookie Tyler Reddick has clinched a spot in the NXS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 300 championship race on Saturday, November 17 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES
The Truck Series was off this weekend. They will return to action on Saturday, March 24 with the Alpha Energy Solutions 250 at Martinsville Speedway.
With wins this year, Johnny Sauter and Brett Moffitt have secured spots in the NCWTS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 200 championship race on Friday, November 16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.