MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
Las Vegas Motor Speedway – Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday, March 4, 2018
Race Winner: Kevin Harvick
Team: No. 4 – Jimmy John’s Ford
Owner: Stewart-Haas Racing
Crew Chief: Rodney Childers
IN THE WORDS OF THE WINNER – “We have definitely had three good race cars with the Xfinity Car and the Cup car and we had a good race car at Daytona as well and got caught up in a wreck. As you look at the last two weeks and our 1.5-mile program in general it has been really good since I started here at SHR. They put a lot of effort into everything we do from every standpoint to get these cars going like they are. I have to thank everyone from Stewart-Haas Racing, Gene (Haas) and Tony (Stewart), it is fun to have them here when we win. Everybody who helps put this thing on the race track, we couldn’t do it without them.”
- Kevin Harvick
- Kevin Harvick won the 21st annual Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Sunday afternoon. For Harvick, it was his 39th win in 613 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) starts and his second win in-a-row after capturing last week’s race in Atlanta.
It is Harvick’s second victory in 18 career MENCS starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Harvick led 214 of the 267 laps today, the most-ever for a race winner at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
It was also Harvick’s 100th combined NASCAR national series win, as he joined Richard Petty, Kyle Busch and David Pearson as the only drivers to have attained that plateau.
Harvick also captured both Stage 1 and 2 of today’s race, and now has claimed three of the four stage wins, in addition to both race wins, over the last two weeks.
Kyle Busch finished second while Kyle Larson claimed third spot today.
With wins to their credit this year, Austin Dillon and Kevin Harvick have clinched spots in the 2018 MENCS playoffs, which culminates with the Ford EcoBoost 400 championship race on Sunday, November 18 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Kyle Larson won the 22nd annual Boyd Gaming 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) race Saturday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It is his ninth victory in 142 NXS races.
- Rookie Christopher Bell finished second while Justin Allgaier took third spot.
- With a win to his credit this season, rookie Tyler Reddick has clinched a spot in the NXS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 300 championship race on Saturday, November 17 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES
Kyle Busch won the inaugural Stratosphere 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race Friday night at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The win was Busch’s 50th victory in 142 career NCWTS races.
Johnny Sauter (2nd) posted his third top-3 finish in as many NCWTS races this year.
Brett Moffitt, who won last week’s NCWTS race in Atlanta, was third.
- With wins this year, Johnny Sauter and Brett Moffitt have secured spots in the NCWTS playoffs, which concludes with the Ford EcoBoost 200 championship race on Friday, November 16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- Race Recap - Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Jason Taylor Foundation and Homestead-Miami Speedway to hold third annual "Write Track Poetry" Program
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Enters into Partnership with the Franklin Group
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Announces New Community Champion Award
- RACE RECAP- Bristol Motor Speedway