In the spirit of giving back in the community, Homestead-Miami Speedway and The NASCAR Foundation teamed up on “Giving Tuesday” to visit children at Homestead Hospital. The championship track delivered The NASCAR Foundation’s Speedy Bears to children in the hospital’s Speediatrics unit and emergency center.
“With every opportunity we have, we look to give back to those who need it the most, especially in our own backyard,” said Homestead-Miami Speedway President Matthew Becherer. “We couldn’t be more proud to partner with a great organization like The NASCAR Foundation to bring this initiative to our community and put a smile on so many kids’ faces.”
In addition to Homestead Hospital, “Operation Speedy Bear Brigade” took place in 14 other locations on Tuesday, which included participation from several business units across the NASCAR industry. The Speedy Bears delivered were provided by The NASCAR Foundation.
To participate in Giving Tuesday, donations are being accepted through The NASCAR Foundation, where funds collected will benefit The NASCAR Foundation’s Speediatrics Children’s Fund. Donations can be made by visiting http://nas.cr/2zsDExQ. NASCAR will be matching donations made on Giving Tuesday, up to $25,000.
- Gin Blossoms to Perform Pre-Race Concert Prior to Ford EcoBoost 400
- Cole Custer Visits South Florida
- Ally Financial Selected as Presenting Sponsor for New Infield Beach Experience at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Infield Party at Ally Beach Passes Now Available For Ford Championship Weekend
- Monster Energy NASCAR Cups Series Playoff Field is Set