MIAMI – With the click of a mouse or by the touch on a screen, people all over the world can explore Homestead-Miami Speedway the same way as the best drivers in the world. The site of NASCAR’s championship races, Homestead-Miami Speedway, has become virtually accessible on most computers and handheld devices via Street View.
Street View is a feature available through multiple Google programs such as Google Search and Google Maps which allows people to discover and explore different locations around the world at street level. The feature uses advanced imagery technology enabling Google Maps to create a 3D landscape viewers can move through.
“Bringing 360-degree imagery of the Homestead-Miami Speedway to Google Maps puts NASCAR fans all over the world in the driver’s seat, allowing them to see the unique view drivers see when they’re on the track,” said Deanna Yick, Street View Program Manager. “We hope this inspires people to visit both virtually and in person.”
With the Speedway’s new Street View imagery, people can experience the 1.5 mile oval track along with the 2.2 mile infield road course in full 360-degree panorama. Viewers can place themselves at the track’s starting line, navigate around the track and take a stop on pit road just like the professionals. In addition, users can enjoy the scenery of the infield, including its two lakes as they steer through the road course. Previously, users could only view the outside of Homestead-Miami Speedway from surrounding streets.
Collected in August of this year, the imagery of Homestead-Miami Speedway is one of the first racetracks to be added to Street View in Google Maps. We hope this addition inspires other tracks to bring their imagery online for fans everywhere to explore and enjoy.
To access Google Street View online, please visit https://www.google.com/maps or download the Street View app on your Android or iOS device.
How to view Homestead-Miami Speedway using Google’s Street View via PC:
- Visit https://www.google.com/maps.
- On the top left corner in “Search Google Maps” type Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- On the bottom right corner, click and drag the yellow Pegman icon onto the area of the Speedway you would like to explore.
- Rotate the view by pressing and dragging the clicker across the screen in the direction you would like to view.
- Move to a new location by clicking on the spots marked X on the screen.
- To exit street view, click “Back to Map” on the lower left part of the screen.
How to view Homestead-Miami Speedway using Google Street View via Smartphone:
- Open Google’s Street View app.
- On the top right corner, click the magnifying glass.
- In “Search” type Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- Click on the thumbnail on the bottom of the screen to enter Street View.
- Rotate the view by swiping on the screen in the direction you would like to view.
- Move to a new location by pressing on the front arrow or back arrow.
- To exit street view, click the arrow pointing left on the top left of the screen.
- Race Recap - Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Jason Taylor Foundation and Homestead-Miami Speedway to hold third annual "Write Track Poetry" Program
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Enters into Partnership with the Franklin Group
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Announces New Community Champion Award
- RACE RECAP- Bristol Motor Speedway