MIAMI – Homestead-Miami Speedway’s charitable outreach program, “Driving for a Cause,” is accepting applications online for financial gifts to be awarded to eligible 501(c)(3) charities as part of its 2015 grant program until Friday, July 31.
Established after the devastation of Hurricane Andrew in 1992, Homestead-Miami Speedway was developed by the City of Homestead as a state-of-the-art motorsports venue that would forever change the economy of Homestead, Greater Miami and the entire South Florida region. Homestead-Miami Speedway’s “Driving for a Cause” uses the popularity of motorsports to focus public attention and funding on South Florida youth and educational programs. “Driving for a Cause” is a donor-advised fund under the umbrella of The NASCAR Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that hosts numerous charity events. In addition, The NASCAR Foundation sponsors the ‘Speediatrics’ pediatric emergency response unit at Homestead Hospital.
The program is dedicated to making a lasting impact on the community, supporting growth with volunteer and non-profit efforts. Previous recipients of the grants include:
- The Boys and Girls Club of Broward County (2013 winner)
- Branches, formerly known as South Florida Urban Ministries (2013 winner)
- Farm Worker Association (2013 winner)
- Homestead South Dade Kiwanis Foundation (2013 winner)
- The Russell Life Skills and Reading Foundation (2014 winner)
- Miami South BMX (2014 winner)
- Start off Smart Inc. (2014 winner)
Recipients are also honored during the pre-race ceremonies prior to the Ford EcoBoost 400, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship finale event at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 22.
In addition to the charitable contributions from “Driving for a Cause,” Homestead-Miami Speedway donates more than $320,000 annually to dozens of South Florida organizations, including track rental opportunities throughout the year, an annual event for fans to drive their car around the track, food drive, holiday toy drive and much more.
All financial contributions are administered through “Driving for a Cause.” Applications can be found at www.HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com/DrivingForACause. All requests must be postmarked by July 31 at 5 p.m. ET. Please note that the application does not guarantee a donation. Requests will be reviewed and all applications will be notified of the grant decisions by September 1. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- RACE RECAP - Dover International Speedway
- JASON TAYLOR FOUNDATION AND HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY KICK OFF “WRITE TRACK POETRY” COMPETITION WITH PEP RALLIES
- Race Recap - Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Jason Taylor Foundation and Homestead-Miami Speedway to hold third annual "Write Track Poetry" Program
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Enters into Partnership with the Franklin Group