MIAMI – Homestead-Miami Speedway’s charitable outreach program, Driving for a Cause, is now accepting applications online for financial gifts to be awarded to eligible 501(c) (3) charities as part of its 2015 grant program.
Established after the devastation of Hurricane Andrew in 1992, Homestead-Miami Speedway was developed by the City of Homestead as a state-of-the-art track that would forever change the economy of Homestead, Greater Miami and the entire South Florida region. Homestead-Miami Speedway’s Driving for a Cause uses the popularity of motorsports to focus public attention and funding on South Florida youth and educational programs. Driving for a Cause is a donor-advised fund under the umbrella of The NASCAR Foundation, a 501(c) (3) organization that hosts numerous annual charity events.
The program is dedicated to making a lasting impact on the community, supporting growth with volunteer and non-profit efforts. Previous recipients of the grants include:
- The Boys and Girls Club of Broward County (2013 winner)
- Branches, formerly known as South Florida Urban Ministries (2013 winner)
- Farm Worker Association (2013 winner)
- Homestead South Dade Kiwanis Foundation (2013 winner)
- The Russell Life Skills and Reading Foundation (2014 winner)
- Miami South BMX (2014 winner)
- Start off Smart Inc. (2014 winner)
Recipients are also honored during the pre-race ceremonies prior to the Ford EcoBoost 400, NASCAR’s championship finale event at Homestead-Miami Speedway in November.
In addition to the charitable contributions from Driving for a Cause, Homestead-Miami Speedway donates more than $320,000 annually to dozens of South Florida organizations, including track rental opportunities throughout the year, an annual car wash, food drive, holiday toy drive and much more.
All financial contributions are administered through Driving for a Cause. Applications can be found at www.HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com/DrivingForACause. All requests must be postmarked by July 31 at 5 p.m. ET. Please note that this application does not guarantee a donation. Requests will be reviewed and all applicants will be notified of the grant decisions by September 1. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Visits Homestead Hospital
- Joey Logano Wins Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- Tyler Reddick Wins NASCAR XFINITY Series Championship
- Ford EcoBoost 400 Officially Sold Out at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Brett Moffitt Claims NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship