MIAMI – Homestead-Miami Speedway will wave the green flag for fans to purchase tickets for Ford Championship Weekend Thursday, May 1; and witness history in the making as the checkered flag is waved to crown a new champion. For the 13th consecutive year, the Speedway will host NASCAR’s Championship-crowning races in all three of its premier series. However, the stakes will be higher than ever for the 2014 Ford EcoBoost 400.
In January, NASCAR made the announcement regarding its new playoff system that will have huge and positive repercussions for Homestead-Miami Speedway. The new format now features eliminations after the third, sixth and ninth races in the 10-race Chase For The Sprint Cup. Once the Chase begins at Chicagoland Speedway, any driver who wins a Chase race is guaranteed to advance to the next round of elimination playoffs.
Beginning with 16 drivers, four will be eliminated based on their points after each of three rounds, until the final four drivers are set at the starting line of the Ford EcoBoost 400 alongside a full 43-car field to battle for the title in a race that can almost guarantee late-race drama at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 16.
“This will be the most exciting NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in the 13-year history of Ford Championship Weekend,” Homestead-Miami Speedway President Matthew Becherer said. “The drama surrounding who will be crowned as the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion will be at an all-time high. With our strong renewal period and the buzz we have already received about the final race of the season, the demand for tickets will be intense.”
Homestead-Miami Speedway is making it easy to enjoy NASCAR’s historic Ford Championship Weekend Nov. 14-16 with several amenities. Here is a list of the great conveniences awaiting fans:
- Fan-Friendly Pricing – Kids 12 and under are FREE in general admission sections to both Friday’s Camping World Truck Series Championship and Saturday’s Nationwide Series Championship
- Half-Price Sunday – Kids 12 and under are admitted for half-price in reserved grandstands to Sunday’s Sprint Cup Championship
- Flexible Payment Plan– Allows fans to pay in four installments with just 25% due at the time of purchase
- Exclusive Benefit for 3-day Package – Fans purchasing a 3-day package will have on-track access for the post-race celebration for all three Championship finales
- Ford EcoBoost 400 Start Time – 3 PM ET start to allow fans more time to enjoy at-track experience, including tailgating, interactive displays, on-track Pit Pass and pre-race ceremonies
- Friday Qualifying – Sprint Cup qualifying moves to Friday; catch Sprint Cup qualifying, followed by the Camping world Truck Series Championship Ford EcoBoost 200
“Ford Championship Weekend promises to be more exciting than ever before. The changes to the Chase, new qualifying format and newly designed trucks in the Camping World Truck Series will make all three championship races ‘must-see’ events for both hardcore race fans and those who simply like to attend big events,” said Becherer. “With the drivers’ competitive, never-back-down approach, the championship finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway is sure to be a can’t-miss event unlike any that the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has seen before. Toss in our free parking, ‘kids are free’ pricing opportunities, flexible and convenient payment options, our bring-your-own-food-and-beverage policy, and that’s as fan-friendly and value-driven an approach as you’ll find in big-league sports for a Championship event.”
A three-day championship tradition unlike any other, Homestead-Miami Speedway provides the South Florida finish line for NASCAR’s series-crowning finale, Ford Championship Weekend Nov. 14-16. For ticket information, visit HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com or call (866) 409-RACE.
The 2014 NASCAR Championship Weekend schedule is as follows:
Qualifying (Sprint Cup Series) Nov. 14 – 6:10 p.m. EST
Camping World Truck Series Ford EcoBoost 200 Nov. 14 – 8:00 p.m. EST
Nationwide Series Ford EcoBoost 300 Nov. 15 – 4:30 p.m. EST
Sprint Cup Series Ford EcoBoost 400 Nov. 16 – 3:00 p.m. EST
- Race Recap - Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Jason Taylor Foundation and Homestead-Miami Speedway to hold third annual "Write Track Poetry" Program
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Enters into Partnership with the Franklin Group
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Announces New Community Champion Award
- RACE RECAP- Bristol Motor Speedway