Homestead-Miami Speedway today announced that tickets for 2013 Ford Championship Weekend are now available for purchase by the general public. It’s the first opportunity for fans to secure the best seats for each of the three season ending championship races in NASCAR’s top three national series. The races are scheduled for Nov. 15-17.
Tickets, which are expected to sell briskly, are available:
- Online at HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com, via smartphones -- utilizing a redesigned interface, the Homestead-Miami Speedway mobile app, and the easier-to-use Facebook Store tab.
- By phone at 305.230.5255.
- In person at the Homestead-Miami Speedway box office (1 Speedway Boulevard, Homestead, FL 33035)
Day and time (All times EST) NASCAR Championship Race Broadcast*
Fri, Nov. 15, 8:00 p.m. Camping World Truck Series Ford EcoBoost 200 Fox Sports SPEED-TV, MRN
Sat, Nov. 16, 4:30 p.m. Nationwide Series Ford EcoBoost 300 ESPN2, MRN
Sun, Nov. 17, 3:00 p.m. Sprint Cup Series Ford EcoBoost 400 ESPN, MRN
* All races broadcast on SiriusXM NASCAR Channel 90
Defending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Brad Keselowski, five-time champion Jimmie Johnson, four-time champion and last year’s race winner Jeff Gordon, three-time champion Tony Stewart, and Miami’s own Juan Pablo Montoya are among the top drivers scheduled to compete. They will race door-to-door around the 1.5-mile variable banked Homestead-Miami Speedway oval in the Ford EcoBoost 400 on Nov. 17.
“It was great to see Brad Keselowski win the first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship for legendary team owner Roger Penske last year,” said Homestead-Miami Speedway President Matthew Becherer. “South Florida will witness another dramatic conclusion to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Chase for the Sprint Cup, as well as the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series seasons. When you add in the big-event atmosphere and the fact that it’s three-straight series-crowning championship finales on one of the most ‘racy’ tracks, it’s a ‘can’t miss’ weekend.”
Homestead-Miami Speedway annually produces one of the most thrilling races given the track’s multiple lines of racing on its 1.5-mile banked oval. Last year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship saw 19 lead changes an average race speed of more than 142 mph. In 2011, the 400-mile contest had a race record 26 lead changes.
Various pricing options are available for 2013 Ford Championship Weekend starting at $55. Children 12 and younger are free in general admission sections Friday and Saturday, and half price in reserved sections for Saturday and Sunday’s championship races.
Homestead-Miami Speedway offers Three-day Champion ticket packages that include: Savings over single-day purchases; parking passes; exclusive entrance gates; and hard cards and lanyards that grant access to post-race championship celebrations.
Other highlights of Ford Championship Weekend include:
Free daily on-site parking
Live music, concerts and entertainment
Spectacular pre-race ceremonies, including celebrities, fireworks and a signature musical performance
Bring own food and beverage inside the gates
Unlimited re-entry (leave, refill and come back)
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Hosting First Ever Craft n' Draft 5K and Beer Festival
- Homestead Native Nick Sanchez Wins First Career Race
- "Race to the 4th" Independence Day Bash Returns to Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Al Garcia Named President of Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Enters into Multi-Year Partnership with Mahindra Automotive North America