Homestead-Miami Speedway is expanding its social media strategy reach with today’s launch of @HMSEspanol -- the speedway’s Spanish-language Twitter handle. The new account, which will offer unique messaging that will oftentimes be different than @HomesteadMiami, will focus on the latest track news and information regarding Ford Championship Weekend (Nov. 15-17, 2013).
“Launching our Spanish-language Twitter account is a natural step as we continue to build meaningful relationships within the Hispanic community," said track president Matthew Becherer. "Twitter is a fantastic way to engage our fans and share information about Ford Championship Weekend and the more than 280 events we host annually.”
Homestead-Miami Speedway will use the account to release track calendar information, provide followers with news about upcoming community events, and connect with avid NASCAR fans via promotions and interactive contests.
Last year, NASCAR became the first professional sports league to partner with Twitter. Professional sports moments dominate the tweets-per-second record book, and the network has become a go-to destination for breaking news and fan discussion.
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Visits Homestead Hospital
- Joey Logano Wins Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship
- Tyler Reddick Wins NASCAR XFINITY Series Championship
- Ford EcoBoost 400 Officially Sold Out at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Brett Moffitt Claims NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship