MIAMI—This Friday, May 16, the world of motorsports will celebrate NASCAR Day's 5th Anniversary, through which NASCAR has raised nearly $5 million for charitable initiatives. The annual festival of fan spirit is held in conjunction with NASCAR's Sprint All-Star Race, and Homestead-Miami Speedway is fueling activities throughout the weekend, at which NASCAR Day Pins are available for a $5 donation.
Friday, May 16 – Gulfstream Park – Hallandale
WHAT: Homestead-Miami Speedway and Kiss Country host Happy Hour at Gulfstream Park, featuring complimentary appetizers, live music, NASCAR trivia prizes and a Richard Petty Ride-Along giveaway.
Tickets will be on sale for NASCAR’s series-crowning Ford Championship Weekend—Nov. 14-16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway—with on-site promotions to include:
1) access to official Sprint Cup on-track Pre-Race Ceremonies (driver introductions, military flyover, Color Guard presentation, national anthem) to first 10 individuals on-site who purchase two or more Sprint Cup Series tickets; and 2) access to VIP-viewing area adjacent to Kiss Country entertainment stage with three-day ticket purchase.
WHEN: Friday, May 16 - 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
WHERE: 901 S. Federal Highway - Hallandale
Saturday, May 17 – Finnegan’s River - Downtown Miami
WHAT: Homestead-Miami Speedway/NASCAR viewing party at Finnegan’s River for the Sprint All-Star Race, live from Lowe’s Motor Speedway in North Carolina. Admission is free, children are welcome and Speed TV will air live national-TV cut-ins of partygoers during the race. In addition, we’ll have a NASCAR showcar, tire-changing exhibition, the Sprint Cup Ford 400 trophy on display, cash bar, music and NASCAR prizes.
At 5 p.m., Homestead-Miami Speedway will raffle two tickets to the Nov. 16 Sprint Cup race. Participants must be present to win, so arrive early for a chance to win the tickets.
WHEN: Saturday, May 17 – 3 p.m. to midnight
WHERE: Finnegan’s River - 401 SW 3rd Ave. - Miami
(305) 285-3030 - http://www.myspace.com/finnriver
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW for Ford Championship Weekend 2008. Set for Nov. 14-16 on Homestead-Miami Speedway's 1.5-mile oval, the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Craftsman Truck Series all will crown champions under the lights. To secure tickets for one of the fastest-selling events anywhere in sports, call (866) 409-RACE or visit www.HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com
This Friday, May 16, the world of motorsports will celebrate NASCAR Day’s 5th anniversary. This annual festival of fan spirit is held in conjunction with the Sprint All-Star Race, and Homestead-Miami Speedway is co-hosting family festivities throughout the weekend—culminating with a race-viewing party downtown Miami at Finnegan’s on the River, with Speed TV on hand to
capture the party for its national race broadcast.
Events kick off Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., as Homestead-Miami Speedway and Kiss Country will host a "Happy Hour" at Gulfstream Park
in Hallandale Beach (www.GulfstreamPark.com
). Tickets for NASCAR’s series-crowning Ford Championship Weekend—Nov. 14-16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway—will be available for purchase, and other NASCAR Day festivities at Gulfstream will include:
1) All participants contributing a $5 donation at Gulfstream will receive a NASCAR Day Lapel Pin as well as complimentary appetizers, live musical entertainment and the chance to win prizes in NASCAR trivia competition. Through this effort, NASCAR has raised almost $5 million for charitable initiatives closest to the hearts of the NASCAR Family.
2) The first 10 individuals at Gulfstream who purchase on-site two or more Sprint Cup Series tickets for the Nov. 16 championship will receive a pair of wrist bands permitting exclusive access to official Ford 400 on-track Pre-Race Ceremonies, which include: NASCAR driver and celebrity introductions; military flyover; and Color Guard presentation and national anthem performance.
3) Anyone purchasing a Ford Championship Weekend three-day ticket on NASCAR Day at Gulfstream will receive access to a private VIP-viewing area during Kiss Country’s featured entertainment (artist TBA) at the Speedway during Ford Championship weekend.
4) Homestead-Miami Speedway will provide an opportunity to win a Richard Petty Ride-Along (www.1800bepetty.com) for all race fans who register to receive the official Speedway newsletter, keeping fans up to date on track activities and driver news.
For more information on this party in the park, please call (305) 230-5024 or (800) 771-TURF, or visit www.GulfstreamPark.com
Of course, after all the food and drink at Gulfstream on Friday night, May 16, it’s going to be time for a little exercise. Homestead-Miami Speedway and Homestead Hospital are long-time charity and community partners in support of the "Speediatrics" children’s ER unit; initiatives we have undertaken together include Santa’s gift-giving Christmas visits, and recognition programs for the nurses and staff throughout the year.
And coming Saturday, May 17, the Speedway will be on hand to support the first annual Homestead Hospital 5K Walk/Run for Wellness. This 3.1-mile walk/run winds through the campus of the new Homestead Hospital at Campbell Drive and SW 147 Avenue, and the Speedway will provide "HMS Pit Stops" along the route. HMS Staff and Homestead Hospital volunteers will be on hand to distribute water to participants as they make their way to the "checkered flag."
The HMS show car will be at the Start/Finish line to initiate the race as Homestead Mayor Lynda Bell waves the green flag. In support of NASCAR Day, HMS staff will have available official 2008 NASCAR Day pins for a $5 donation to NASCAR charities.
The starting gun will fire on Saturday, May 17, at 8 a.m. Proceeds from the race benefit the Homestead Hospital Center for Excellence in Nursing, which helps to educate, train and develop nursing staff and programs; to improve patient care with updated equipment and technology; and to support nursing scholarships.
For more information on the Homestead Hospital 5K Walk/Run for Wellness, call (786) 243-8112 or email
And to culminate two full days of NASCAR festivities, on Saturday afternoon, May 17, we invite you to enjoy an official Homestead-Miami Speedway/NASCAR viewing party for the Sprint All-Star Race—live from Lowe’s Motor Speedway in North Carolina—at Finnegan’s on the River.
Join us from 3 p.m. to midnight downtown Miami (401 SW 3rd Avenue; 305-285-3030; www.myspace.com/finnriver
as Speed TV will air live national-TV cut-ins of Finnegan’s partygoers throughout the race. Children and adults are welcome, and admission is free. Finnegan’s will have a cash bar, music, show cars, NASCAR giveaways/prizes and more.
And at 5 p.m. Saturday at Finnegan’s, Homestead-Miami Speedway will raffle (2) two tickets to the Sprint Cup Series race (Sunday, Nov.16). Participants must be present to win, so arrive early and don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
Listen to 99.9 Kiss Country and Caracol 1260 all this week for the chance to win exclusive access to the VIP area for the ultimate watch-party experience. VIP guests will receive viewing access to the private lounge, two complimentary drinks and appetizers. Fans also will have the opportunity to win official NASCAR gear by participating in NASCAR trivia throughout the night.
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW for Ford Championship Weekend 2008. Set for Nov. 14-16 on Homestead-Miami Speedway's 1.5-mile oval, the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Craftsman Truck Series all will crown champions under the lights. To secure tickets for one of the fastest-selling events anywhere in sports, call (866) 409-RACE or visit www.HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com.