Enhancements include pre-race Driver Meeting viewing area for fans
For renderings of the new Homestead-Miami Speedway Media Center, click here.
MIAMI—When the NASCAR media press corps return to Homestead-Miami Speedway for Ford Championship Weekend in 2008, there will be even more to cheer than the crowning of NASCAR’s champions.
Homestead-Miami Speedway—home to the final races of the 36-week NASCAR campaign—will construct a new state-of-the-art press facility in time for the November 2008 season-finale, Speedway President Curtis Gray announced Nov. 15.
“With the continued evolution of NASCAR’s Ford Championship Weekend into one of the highest-profile entertainment events anywhere in sports, we’re eager to provide the press corps with these upscale amenities,” said Gray. “As host to the championship finales, Homestead-Miami Speedway is thrilled to provide our NASCAR media partners with a facility that will be second-to-none on the circuit.”
The new 18,000 square-foot, two-story media facility—scheduled for completion in September 2008—will be centrally located within the garage area and include:
- More than 200 press work stations
- Large interview room with seating for more than 150 people
- Deadline press room with stage and camera riser
- Private interview rooms located adjacent to deadline press areas
- A wireless internet network throughout the building (in addition to hard-wiring)
- Large format video displays located in deadline press, team PR and 80-seat media lounge capable of displaying track closed-circuit TV stats screens and video feeds
- Audio amplification of interviews and track feeds into all press areas, with selectable source audio-input feeds for headphone listening
- A theater-style “observation seating” for viewing of driver-meeting room
In addition, the existing Media Center structures will be renovated to house overflow press.
Tickets are available for Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend, as the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup, Busch and Craftsman Truck Series all crown champions. Additional festivities include today’s Ford RaceFest on the Riverfront in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Saturday’s Hot Rods & Reels fishing tourney on the HMS lake and Sunday’s concert with “Live.” Call (866) 409-RACE or visit www.HomesteadMiamiSpeedway.com.